Calling all decorating goblins and creative ghouls...
Show your spooky talents and out-boo your neighbors in the Halloween House Decorating Contest!
The Halloween House Decorating Contest is a great way to show your Halloween spirit, have fun with your family, and celebrate the season while social distancing. The contest is open to Coventry residents only & is FREE. No companies & Town employees.
To take part in the competition, registration is required by October 14.
- Must register to be eligible for judging (limited to 20 registrations).
- Entry must be Halloween-themed.
- Must not contain adult themes. Keep it PG, non-discriminatory, non-political and appropriate for children.
- All contestants must have decorations out from 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on October 16–October 31 in order to be judged. Must be able to be seen at night.
- Contestants' addresses will be listed on the Town’s Web site to allow the public to view and judge decorations at people's homes.
- All decorating must be done by the homeowner, not by a professional decorator.
- Decorations can include anything – lights, monsters, etc. -- you name it! Each house will be judged based on its entire presentation.
- Special lighting and musical effects are encouraged.
- All contestants grant the Town of Coventry the non-exclusive right to use a photo of their decorated home, as well as their name and address on the Town’s Web site, social media posts, and/or in future promotional materials. The Town of Coventry reserves the right to reproduce this.
- Decorations must be able to be seen at night. Judging will only include the portion of your yard/house that is visible from the street.
- Voting Categories: Awards will be given in the following two (2) categories, which will be determined by a public vote:
1: Most Creative: Put your imagination to work!
2: Scariest (kid friendly): Entries will be judged on special effects and overall sense of fright.
One winner will be awarded for each category and receive a $50 gift certificate to The Olde Theater Diner (33 Sandy Bottom Rd, Coventry). Winners will be notified via email and on the Coventry Parks and Recreation Facebook page on Monday, November 1. All contest decisions are final.
Monday, October 4, 2021
Thursday, October 14, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021 and ends on Sunday, October 31 @ 9pm.
Sponsor: The Olde Theater Diner